1. Be sure you have 42 inches between furniture so a wheelchair can
move around easily
2. Start planning for living in place before you need it
3. Tell your family and friends your wishes to stay in your home and
what you have done to ensure that you do
4. Consider a 55+ community to move to, they know what people
need to have in order to live in place
5. Educate yourself on services available in your area, will they meet
your needs and budget?
Deirdre Dolan Nesline, a Senior Move Planning Specialist and Owner of DeClutter By Deirdre, A Senior Move Management Company.
Member: National Association of Senior Move Managers,
Coalition of Agencies Relating to Elderly Services, Senior Care Resources of Western Connecticut
Follow: DeClutter By Deirdre on Facebook