“If we don’t take care of ourselves first we cannot take care of others” ~Tracy Brady
- As a caregiver, always schedule time for yourself
- Agency vs registry-which would work for you?
- Services provided by non-medical agencies
- Keep people socially engaged
- Importance of agency employees: safety, health, respite
- How to deal with guilt and/or fear in order to get some peace of mind
- How Tracy’s Visiting Angels agency works with individuals whose family lives out of state
- Weigh the benefits of having someone come into your home
- Make choices before you are forced to make choices under duress
- How to manage care from far away
- The importance of a care plan for the entire family
- The advantages of Aging in Place
- “Active Engaged Program” at Visiting Angels and Reading to Animals in Shelters
- How Visiting Angels help your loved one needs to keep their dignity as much as possible
- Call Visiting Angels regarding healthcare proxy, questions on where to turn for assistance with your loved one. They offer care and guidance.
Favorite ice cream: All of them
Off hours interest: Seniors and Animals, the Catherine Hubbard Foundation Senior Paws. https://cvhfoundation.org/the-sanctuary/animals/senior-paw-project/
To contact Visiting Angels: (203) 740-0230 and take a look at their website: https://www.visitingangels.com/brookfield/home
This episode is sponsored by DeClutter By Deirdre, A Senior Move Management and DeCluttering for Aging In Place Company. Helping You and Your Loved Ones DeClutter, Move & Live a Fuller Life. Look at my website and contact me to work together at DeClutterByDeirdre@gmail.com www.DeClutterByDeirdre.com
**Download~Like~Positive Review Magnificent Aging**
Thank you for listening, I appreciate you!